1. Do you pray/meditate? Which? How often?I meditate a few times a week.
2. Why is it that you pray and/or meditate?
To center myself, connect to the universe, allow my naturally strong emotions to emerge without judgement, and to create mindfulness in my everyday life.
3. Is there a place/setting/time in which you are more likely to pray and/or meditate?
I'm more likely to sit at night, when I have the least distraction. I usually sit in my room, where it's quiet, and there's space.
4. Do you use any physical objects to assist your prayer/meditation?
A rolled up towel.
5. Are you most likely to use established prayers/meditations, or to create your own style?
I have created my own style based on several Zen meditation practices I've read about.
6. Are you more likely to pray/meditate alone or in a group?
The only time I've meditated in a group is during Yoga classes. I'm not sure if anyone else is meditating while I do this.
7. Have you ever asked anyone to pray/meditate on your behalf? If yes, and you are comfortable sharing that experience, please do.
No. I feel prayer and meditation are personal.
8. If asked to describe your religious affiliation/practice/ belief, how would you do that?
Zen-ish, but open to new ideas. I grew up Episcopalian.
9. What would you like to say about prayer/meditation that has not been asked here?
I like meditation. I do it because it makes sense to me, not because I think I "should". In a general sense, I think that prayer and meditation are not good or bad inherently, but that they are tools that many people find useful for creating a fulfilled and happy life.