July 25, 2007

Laughing From the Belly

When was the last time you belly laughed? I mean fully free, unrestrained laughter? The kind of laughter that makes other people laugh even when they have no idea what you're laughing about?

This kind of laughter is the soul smiling. I am lucky to be "a laugher". Sometimes, it makes people uncomfortable. Especially when I'm in a group of women. I love being around my girlfriends, but women can be very judgemental. Especially in groups. Especially if someone seems to be truly happy.

I laugh from my belly. It feels good. It may be in appropriate or loud or even obnoxious. I can't care. I can't restrain it. Restraining the laugh of my soul is like keeping myself down, hidden.

I love to laugh. I invite you to laugh with me. And to hell with people who want us to keep it down and be a little more socialized.

No comments: